Linux - My computers
Here is a brief description of some of my Linux computers, their
hardware, and their software. Incuded are copies of ppp and diald
Also, here are some of the Linux documents.
- The obligatory description of my home computer.
- The computer on my desk at work. (One of them, anyway).
- Another computer at work, this one drives a printer.
- Yet another work computer, an FTP server.
SVLUG - Silicon Valley Linux User's Group
- A Linux Gateway to the Internet - A presentation from November, 1997
- Setting up a Uninterruptable Power Source - A presentation from October 1996
- So you want a Web Server - A presentation from August 1995
- The Linux FAQ
- Valuble sources of Linux information.
Selected HOWTO documents
- Some of the Linux HOWTO documents - for your convenience (and mine!).
Selected Mini HOWTO documents
- Some of the Linux Mini HOWTO documents.
The Linux Gazette
- Making Linux just A little more fun!
XBanner by Amit Margalit
- Make your XDM login screen the envy of the neighborhood!
The PPP faq
- From December 1996
The Ftape faq
- From October 1997
The Top Ten Linux Documents
- What Documents are people reading - at least from this server.
Local Linux Events
SVLUG - Silicon Valley Linux User's Group -
- Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month, Installfests/workshops
are the third Saturday.
- Past speakers include Linus Torvalds(!), Eric S. Raymonds, Bruce Perrins,
Larry Wall, Marc Andresson, Tim O'Reilly, Paul Vixie, Phil Hughes,
and other members of SVLUG.
San Francisco Bay Area Linux Users Group.
- Now Monthly (third Tuesday) meetings.
The BALE -- Bay Area Linux Events
- Check here for all the local events.
If you like my pages, perhaps you will enjoy some of the pages that
link to me.
Erik Larsen's Interesting WWW Sites and
Pointers to Linux Documentation
- Links to Linux resources all over the world, including links to these pages.
Greg Kurtzer's RunLevelZero.net
- More Linux stuff, from a friend and another Linuxcare survivor.
Bill Adams' Linux Program Links
- Links to Linux compatible software, and even a link to these pages.
(Thank you Bill).
Also, a fine example of using php to create a web site.
Peter Lai of Malaysia
also has a pointer to my pages.
Note: Some of the sites
mirrored here do not
qualify for Bobby approval
Oh, by the way, Linux Rules!
Ben Spade /